Pay Taxes by Credit or Debit Card or E-check?
Features and Benefits of Paying via Credit or Debit Card:
- It’s convenient – taxpayers can e-file or paper-file early and make a payment by credit or debit card later, to delay out-of-pocket expenses. Payments can be made by phone, Internet or when e-filing.
- It’s safe and secure – standard, commercial card networks are used. The IRS does not receive or store card numbers.
- These electronic tax payment options are available through service providers.
- There is a fee charged by service providers. Fees are based on the amount of the payment and may vary by service provider (see table below).
- Payment information will not be disclosed for any reason other than processing the transaction authorized by the taxpayer.
- A confirmation number is provided at the end of the phone or Internet transaction.
- The “United States Treasury Tax Payment” is included on the card statement as further proof of payment. The convenience fee will be included on the statement as a “Tax Payment Convenience Fee” (or similar transaction).
- If enrolled in such a program, taxpayers may earn miles, points, rewards or money back from the credit card issuer.
For a list of IRS e-pay service providers and fees go to the following:
State of Alabama
Can I pay my income taxes due by ACH Debit?
Yes. You may pay by ACH Debit by going to www.revenue.alabama.gov/efiling.htm. You will need to have your bank routing number and checking account number to use this service. No fee is charged for this service. If you are paying with funds on a foreign bank, you must include an additional $25 exchange fee. Do not use Form 40V when paying by ACH Debit.
Can I pay my income taxes due with a credit card?
Yes. If you file and have a balance due, the amount owed can be charged to your American Express, Visa, Discover/Novus, or MasterCard by using Official Payments Corporation or Link2Gov. You can pay by calling 1-800-2PAY-TAX (Official Payments Corporation, Alabama’s Jurisdiction Code is 1100) or 1-866-9PAY-TAX (Link2Gov). You can also pay over the Internet by visiting www.officialpayments.com (Official Payments Corporation) or www.ALTaxPayment.com (Link2Gov). There is a convenience fee for this service. The fee is based on the amount of your tax payment and is paid directly to Official Payments Corporation or Link2Gov. Do not include Form 40V with your return when you pay your taxes by credit card.
Can I pay my income taxes due by E-check?
Yes. If you file and have a balance due, you can pay your taxes due electronically from your bank account online at https:// www. officialpayments. com/ echeck/ec_template_standard.jsp. Enter Jurisdiction Code1100. You will need to have your bank routing number and your checking account number to use this service. There is no fee for this service. Do not include Form 40V with your return when you pay your taxes by credit card.