Tax and Accounting MANAGER
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE MANAGER POSITION
- Follow Company procedures and systems. Maintain independence as to our relationship with our clients. Discuss any independence issues or questions with the Owner of the Firm.
- Supervise and assist the bookkeeper on your monthly clients.
- Review monthly financial statements for your section before giving to owner for final review.
- Dress and act as a professional.
- Professional dress when dealing with public.
- A neat, clean and organized office space.
- Arrive on time at office and client appointments.
- Handle new client installations and backwork.
- Provide your clients with the proper consulting and tax planning as needs dictate.
- Responsible for tax preparation for the businesses and personals in your section and any year-end only clients that are assigned to you.
- Maintain organized income tax files.
- ASK FOR REFERRALS – The practice growth comes from the Clients’ willingness to give us referrals, but we need to ask for them! You need to be able to replace any “drops” in your section with the referrals you have brought in.
- Prompt attention to any additional projects/taxes delegated to you.
- Computer support when needed with clients, etc.
- Possibly some training of client employees.
- Leading role in expanding our computer services with our clients.
- Help make the office smooth running and positive place to work.